Monday, November 3, 2014

About Me Sidebar


Today I decided I no longer liked my About Me Sidebar. It didn't match my layout, ya know? The fonts were all wrong and the colors were barely visible. So, long story short, I made a change.

I logged into my Handy Dandy Photoshop and got started. 


I created a new Layer, 300 x 700 pixels and select "Okay". A white rectangle will pop up, that's your new layer.


I then opened the image I wanted at the top. I wanted it to be a rectangle for now, rather than the typical circle seen everywhere. I'm not bashing circles. I like the circular images, I just don't want one at this time. I needed to resize my image. I went to "Image", "Image size" and changed it to fit. I had to do this a couple of times to make it even.


You can see where to go, in the image below.


When it was finally the size I wanted I moved the picture over with a drag and drop.


See how nicely it fits in?

 

Next, I added my text and selected my fonts. Finally, saving my work and uploading it up to my Blog page.

I hope this was helpful! If you have any question I would love to hear from you.


post signature