Monday, October 27, 2014

Amazingly Simple Slouchy Hat


Yes, that is spit up on my shoulder. My youngest son, Benjamin (4 months this coming November 2nd) is a "Happy Spitter". It's pointless for me to change every time he spits up, that's how often it is. Also, I'm having like this gross reaction to something I've used on my face. The problem is that I have used like 10 new products this week so I have no clue which products is causing it.. so... no makeup.. sorry, not sorry.

On a less Vomitty note. The weather is getting colder and we all know what that means, pretty, new hats. My boys love hats.. well they did until my 5 yr old decided he's too cool to wear hats that his Mom made. When did that happen?

Anyway, I made my Middle Boy, Colton, a hat and he loves it. He's a good boy :) I also, made myself a slouchy hat and it came out great. Here we are with our hats.


Isn't he like the cutest 2 year old boy ever? I tell him he's my favorite 2 year old boy.. Middle child problems. He loves this hat. And honestly, I think Pher (5) is growing to like the idea of this hat as well. He actually asked me to make him one before my edit.


Here is how to make this Amazingly Simple Slouchy Hat.

Supplies: 

Size 4 yarn in color of your choice.
Size I crochet hook
Yarn needle

I'm no good at patterns so stick with me and if needed... ask lots of questions. For a child's hat stop at Row 4 and jump to Row 7. Chain Two in the beginning of each round. This can be adjusted easily to your size needs. 

Begin by making a magic circle and double crochet 8 times, end with a slip stitch and chain 2.

Row 1: Increase in each stitch around. (Two Double crochet in each stitch)- 16
Row 2: Two double crochet in one, One double crochet all the way around.
Row 3: Two double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, all the way around.
Row 4: Two double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, all the way around.
Row 5: Two double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, all the way around. 
Row 6: Two double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, double crochet, all the way around. 
Row 7-18: Double crochet all the way around.
Row 19-21: Single crochet in each stitch around.
Weave in ends with Yarn Needle.

All done! I hope you enjoy your new Slouchy Hat!

If you have any question, please let me know. I would love to help you out. Oh, and here's one more pic of us, big brother included. They're so awesome.


post signature